Table "Export All" ignores view and pulls data from original table. How to limit this?

06-08-2023 10:50 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

I have a VIEW layer in my map which limits what fields are shown to the user.  I show the view in a table, pop-ups, etc.  When I do a selection the "Export All" option bypasses the view and Exports from the original table, exposing all the fields I want hidden.  The original table is NOT in my map.  How can I force/limit the "Export All" to only export fields in the view.  The export all is the only place in the app where these fields are exposed.

The "Export Selected" performs as expected and only exports the fields in the view.

7 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @JonathanPollack, this was a known limitation, which has been resolved in June 2023 release. Please review it and let me know if any issues arise. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shen,

This issue is still occurring. I have a view with only 10 fields accessible in it and when I tested the "export all" from the Query widget, it exports all 160 fields that I have in the original table. I just added the query widget today to create a buffer function for my users, so it's not a widget I had configured prior to the June 2023 update and I am using AGOL.

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the update. We have recognised this issue to be valid and it has been added to our product plan. 

Shen Zhang
KaraUtter

Thank you, can you tell me what the timeline will be for this? Estimate is fine, as I know you cannot tell me the exact time when this issue will be resolved.

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Currently we are targeting the next release - however, as we are dealing with a larger amount of issues, this timeline may not be assured. Please feel free to contact Esri support, we will evaluate priority and enhancement possibilities based on the general feedback along the way. Thanks!

Shen Zhang
ScottStepro1
New Contributor III

This is still occurring still in February of 2024... Can we get an update? Trying not to confuse folks doing mailings by just pulling necessary fields from addresses.... quite frustrating. 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

@Shen_Zhang please see my comment above.

0 Kudos