Select to view content in your preferred language

Strange search results when searching layer

Jump to solution
06-10-2024 06:11 AM
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all, 

I'm using ExB Dev ed. 1.14.  I'm having a strange thing happen when I search my SITUS layer.  It was previously working fine, then started doing this...

When I search an address, the suggested search results show up:

AngelaSchirck_0-1718024637550.png

Then I click on the suggested search result (I have my widget set to automatically select first result so I don't have to click twice).  The weird thing is that after I click on the above suggestion I end up here:

AngelaSchirck_1-1718024743200.png

You see the first "result" is selected, but this is NOT the address I entered or chose from the suggestions.  

It doesn't matter WHAT address I type in my search, it always takes me to THIS address:

AngelaSchirck_2-1718024816489.png

The addresses that are always listed in the results happen to be the first ten addresses in my attribute table.  

So, the search suggestions show the address I entered, but when I click on it it always goes to these results.  On Friday when I left work, this search worked properly, I made no changes, but had an email this morning that the "search was acting weird" and now this is what it's doing.  

I've checked all my search settings, even deleted and remade the search but this keeps happening.  Does anybody KNOW what's going on here? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AngelaSchirck

So after indexing the search field I eventually just stopped and restarted the map service, and now it seems to be working correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimWestern
Occasional Contributor

Double check that the data sources you are using are using the same projection.  The last time I saw an oddity like this, it was directly related to projection differences between data sources.

However, WheN I look at the results from the last two screen shots they appear to be identical.  One thing I noticed is the Search widget, seems to take a while to return when not in map.  It may try a partial search, make suggestions, then when you click one and you get the full, it might not highlight so you hit enter again, and it might do the suggestion process again.

This looks like its not matching the address correctly to me.  You might try disabling suggestions temporarily and see if when searching you get the exact seem list.  (if you do, then it may be something with the data source's used for the searching, and how they are being returned.)  If its different, then it may be something with the suggestions.  (I know one time I had to clear the application site data to fix a suggestion issue.

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck

Thanks for the response.

I added an Index to the search field (something I should have done previously) and now instead of getting the same results no matter what address, I get "no results found" even though the correct addresses come up in the "suggestions."  I click on the suggestion, and then it says "no results."

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck

So after indexing the search field I eventually just stopped and restarted the map service, and now it seems to be working correctly.