Show Feature Info on map click

05-04-2020 04:55 PM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. I'd like to configure my app to display the feature info when user clicks a feature on the map. Not seeing how I can configure that. I have it so the feature is selected in the list, but then a user needs to click the button to show the feature info. I'd like to make that widget show immediately instead. 

Is this feasible? 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zorba,

Currently, the feature info widget is always rendered. The way to hide it is through another page or a section similar to what you're doing in your list..

It sounds like the workflow you're trying to accomplish is when a feature is clicked on the map the feature info will show in a panel on the page. When the feature is deselected the panel will collapse.  Is this correct?

David

0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen1

Hi David,

Yes, exactly. Here is how the page is set up (from one of the templates). If you click 'more details' the feature info widget is displayed. So that's one way to see the feature details. The second way is via clicking the feature on the map. I assumed this would be configured via adding a trigger to the map for selection changed, but I'm not seeing an option to specify displaying the widget. Thanks.

ExP builder page screenshot

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The selection of a feature on the map will update the record selection in the feature info by default, however, the feature info is always rendered. I will add an issue for us to look into how we can make this more dynamic by perhaps using the sidebar panel. Someone else posted a similar question about how to achieve this and I can see how this would very useful. 

David

ZorbaConlen1

Ok, so the behavior I want is already happening, but it's just not apparent because the widget is hidden in the interface, right? It sounds like I could solve this if I put the feature info in its own container, someplace that is always visible. I'm not sure that would work that well, especially on handheld devices.

Yes, good to consider this for future functionality. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

You will have to think about how many widgets you need on the mobile device? This layout could be different than the other two (desktop, tablet). Do you only need to show the map with the feature info on mobile? If yes, you could get away with just the map and feature info. How much information do you need to show in the feature info? Also, how many features do you have?  

0 Kudos