Selection Shifting with Extent Change

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 07:19 AM
KatieDarcy
New Contributor

I am having an issue with the selection feature on my experience builder app...I have a map of trails, trailheads, and nearby amenities along side lists displaying each of the features of those layers. When you click on a trail in the "trails in view" list, the selection changes to a different trail when the map extent changes. In addition, some of the other features such as trailheads randomly get selected as well. Clicking trails on the map works fine.  The video below displays this issue:

Has anyone run into a similar issue? The only actions that are associated with an extent change is that the list is filtered by the features in the current extent, and that if you click on a trail within the list, the map zooms to that feature.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katie,

The selection shifting is caused by the feature info widget, since feature info widget automatically selects the first record.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Can you send a link to your app?

0 Kudos
KatieDarcy
New Contributor
0 Kudos
KatieDarcy
New Contributor
0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@KatieDarcy 

I can see why you're getting frustrated and wondering what's going on. 

Using you app, I think you've got a wee bit over zealous with the interactions between lists, maps, maps and lists etc.. Your list wants to show your selection in the map, your map wants to show its focus in the list. 

I'd take a couple of steps back and look at just how you want you widgets to interact and what's the "primary driver" widget - start with that decision then work the logical steps from there.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katie,

The selection shifting is caused by the feature info widget, since feature info widget automatically selects the first record.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
KatieDarcy
New Contributor

Thank you! Removing those widgets did the trick.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

You didn't have to removed the widgets, just control the actions and triggers you setup in each - there was action overload 😉

0 Kudos
KatieDarcy
New Contributor

Jonathan --

There are no actions/triggers associated with the feature info widget -- however I have the following actions for the map & lists:

- Map: Extent changes -> filter data records

- Lists (3): Record selection changes -> map zooms to selected feature.

Would these cause the issue I'm having?

0 Kudos