Select By Location Widget

06-09-2023 11:53 AM
WGIMaps
New Contributor III

I have built a pretty simple web app with experience builder utilizing all of the Natural Resource background data that my company uses to assess client sites. The user adds their shapefile via the "Add Data" widget and then is able to view the natural resource layers to see what is in the area. 

For larger projects (200-mile corridors and such) it would be helpful to have a function or widget that operates similar to the "Select By Location" function in ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap. Ideally, I would like to be able to select intersecting features from all layers that the added data intersects with all at once. 

I have tried setting up the query tool, but there is no way to utilize the added data, and each layer has to be queried separately. 

Any thoughts on how this could be achieved?

2 Replies
bLynnb2762
New Contributor

Came to ask this exact question. Wanting to build basically an environmental review tool, where consultants send us data, we review for RTE species and send them information back on what's within a certain distance of their project.

Jarrah82
New Contributor II

Similar question. have you received any information that you could share?

I have built a web app in experience builder, where the users add or draw a polygon. I am looking for a tool similar to the screening tool in Web App Builder. The aim is to create and export a report listing all (or selected) data intersected by the polygon, with their (selected)  attributes.

The Query tool only allows each layer to be queried one at a time. The idea is to query all layers at once by drawing or using an existing shape. 
The Near Me (Beta) does not select all the data intersected in the shape. And it requires a buffer.