Search Widget with Layer Source

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanLee
New Contributor III

I'm trying to replicate the functionality of the search widget from Web App Builder to Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online. We use the search widget in Web App Builder to search the Auditor's Parcel layer for Parcel ID and site address (using a layer source) and then also address using the Esri Geocoding service (see below, first two are layer source and the third is geocoder):

JonathanLee_0-1674760664999.png

So far, I can partially replicate it in Experience Builder however, there are two issues that I can't seem to solve:

1. I can't figure out how to automatically generate a pop-up for the selected parcel/address in the layer source as would happen in WAB; it only zooms to it and shows the feature selected; pop-ups are enabled on the map. Here is Experience Builder first and then WAB after a search is performed.
    • JonathanLee_1-1674761293116.png

• JonathanLee_2-1674761328469.png

2. After the search, the search suggestions don't show anything other than the one previously searched (I have to click the X to get new search results): 
    • JonathanLee_3-1674761511455.png

Note: when configuring the search widget, I had to create and use a view of the parcel layer instead of the parcel layer itself or else after performing a search, no other parcels would show on the map other than the one searched.

Perhaps all of this is just the current limitation of the search widget but I wanted to check to see if I was missing anything in my attempts to use it and move from WAB to Experience Builder.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @JonathanLee 

The first issue regarding pop-ups displaying automatically is an enhancement request which is already in Product plan:

• ENH-000130296: Provide the ability to automatically displaying pop-ups for selected features in ArcGIS Experience Builder

The second sounds like a BUG but equally could be a limitation. If no-one else comments on this thread, I recommend working with Tech Support to isolate the issue further.

Thanks

View solution in original post

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JonathanLee and @Richard_Purkis 

Yes, the #2 issue is a separate issue that we are trying to resolve/enhance. Here is another similar post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/exb-search-widget-issue/m-p/123091... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @JonathanLee 

The first issue regarding pop-ups displaying automatically is an enhancement request which is already in Product plan:

• ENH-000130296: Provide the ability to automatically displaying pop-ups for selected features in ArcGIS Experience Builder

The second sounds like a BUG but equally could be a limitation. If no-one else comments on this thread, I recommend working with Tech Support to isolate the issue further.

Thanks

Lilibetty
New Contributor II

Hello @Richard_Purkis ,

Is there an estimated release date for the enhancement regarding the pop-up displaying automatically when using the Search widget in ExpBuilder?

Thank you!

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Lilibetty  

I work in Tech Support and not in the Product Team so I have no ability to check for you.

If this is an important feature for you I recommend you raise a support case, get the ENH attached to your support case and then attach a defect escalation in MyEsri.

Thanks

Lilibetty
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JonathanLee and @Richard_Purkis 

Yes, the #2 issue is a separate issue that we are trying to resolve/enhance. Here is another similar post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/exb-search-widget-issue/m-p/123091...