Search and open layers of interest in layer widget tree

01-11-2022 08:27 AM
Labels (1)
HeatherBell
Occasional Contributor

Hello, we are building a web app using Experience Builder.

We have a large number of layers, and it would be really useful to have an option to search for a layer of interest within the layers widget/table of contents which would open the layer at the correct level in the layer tree.

So for example -  I know I want a layer called 'Countryside Stewardship Water Quality Priority Areas' and I search for it in the layer widget. Then, the layer opens up in the layer tree at the right level. I can see some challenges, such as if you don't know the exact name but you know a keyword - so perhaps the search could autopopulate with the layers that match and you select one. (see the attached screenshot). This would really aid new and unfamiliar users in finding data within a list of about 150+ layers. I don't think there is already functionality to do this any where in ArcGIS Online, and therefore probably not EB either but want to check before submitting as an idea.

Does anyone know whether this is possible?

Thank you. 

Heather Bell.

GIS Analyst @ The Rivers Trust
5 Replies
DanMallett
Esri Contributor

WAB Layer list can do this but not in EB yet AFAIK.

StephenKing3
New Contributor III

I would like to see this as well. It would also be really useful in the ArcGIS Online map viewer

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This has been directed to the corresponding team for enhancement considerations. Thanks for the feedback.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The search capability in the Map Layers widget has been provided in the latest AGOL release. Thanks

StephenKing3
New Contributor III

This is just what I was hoping for, it's brilliant. Thank you!