query related table and showing query results on map layer

09-27-2022 05:28 AM
Lwkrynock
New Contributor III

I'm working on an ExB app that includes building features and related tables that describe building usage (e.g. what departments occupy space in the buildings). The relationship class between buildings and the different usage tables is 1:M.

I have a query widget that queries a usage table by department. I can click on each item in the query results list and the map will flash each building using the trigger/actions shown below (query output as trigger, map feature layer as action). However, what I would like to do is have the map highlight ALL of the buildings in the result list at one time. There are no actions available for the records created trigger (I assume because the query is on a non-spatial table?). 

Are there other ways to make this work in ExB? Essentially, I want to query a non-spatial table and use the related field to select/highlight features in a related map layer. 

Lwkrynock_0-1664281435670.png

Laurel Krynock
GIS Administrator
NC State University
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexLynch
New Contributor

Do you have option to select Framework as target within Query widget? Record selection changes==>+ Add action => Framework => Select data records

AlexLynch_0-1664291558708.png

0 Kudos
Lwkrynock
New Contributor III

I do have that option. When I enable that, the feature info record for the building is selected when I select one of the results (see below). It does not cause any action on the map. What I'd love to see is all 48 results highlighted on the map once the query is run. I guess this isn't possible since I'm not querying a related table instead of the actual map layer. 

Lwkrynock_0-1664293627897.png

Laurel Krynock
GIS Administrator
NC State University
0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, this is currently not supported.

0 Kudos
PeterBrad3
New Contributor II

I'm looking for this functionality as well. I have an asset point feature service and a related inspection table. It would be great to query the inspection table and have it automatically show related assets. For example, query inspections that indicate garbage is present on site and show the all the assets in a list have have garbage present on site.

0 Kudos