Print Widget not showing legend using custom print service, has issues rendering layer effects

07-03-2022 02:41 PM
andrewdc_tt
Regular Contributor

I love that the print tool is finally available in Experience Builder, but there are some issues when printing using custom templates. We are using a print service hosted on a server with ArcGIS 10.9.1 and published with ArcGIS Pro.

1 - The legend does not populate at all, even with the 'Show legend' option ticked.

When using the exact same print service and map using the WebAppBuilder print widget, the legend displays with no issues in the print (left is Experience Builder, right is WebAppBuilder).

andrewdc_tt_3-1656883795964.png

2 - Layer effects created in the new Map Viewer (such as drop shadow) do not render properly.

I've found it introduces weird graphical glitches, and labels/symbology seem to be blurry/distorted. The black lines introduced below go away after the drop shadow effect was removed from the map. This problem doesn't seem to be limited to just custom templates however, the default print does this too.

andrewdc_tt_0-1656882953801.png

The default print service won't cut it for us unfortunately because of the map template layouts we need. Are these bugs able to be fixed?

24 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, this is a known limitation of the print API https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-rest-print.html 

ShengdiZhang_0-1689231582084.png

0 Kudos
Thomas_Fuhrmann
Occasional Contributor

@ShengdiZhang Thank you for your answer! I don't use any effects for my group layer and the blending mode is set to normal. So, basically the group layer is just used for grouping. Are there any plans to work on this limitation?

I checked that the print tool in ArcGIS Enterprise Map Viewer is able to deal with the same group layers I use for Experience Builder. So this issue seems to be related to the Experience Builder print widget.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like the BUG-000151022 , but that bug should be fixed now. If you can still reproduce this issue, can you contact the ESRI Technical Support to create a ticket, so that we can further investigate it?

0 Kudos
EllieLinden
Occasional Contributor

@ShengdiZhang thanks for all the progress on the Print widget! I'm having an issue where layers within the Web Map that are directly pulled from the Living Atlas aren't being displayed in the Legend (even though all other layers in the map are correctly being included in the legend). Is this a known issue of the widget? As an example, this is one of the layers that is not being included in the legend: https://natureserve.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ba0f32624e1d42caa907c6d6eb0414fb

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, I added the layer to my own map but could not reproduce the issue with the ExB Print widget. Could you provide a sample app so I can take a look? My username is she10946.

0 Kudos