Print widget - hosted tile layer not showing in map output

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 12:40 PM
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi ExB community,

I've added in the print widget. We have a hosted tile layer in the map, but noticed it didn't appear in the map output. Does the print widget work with hosted tile layers or only feature layers?

I also noticed the legend and north arrow did not appear. AGOL ExB documentation provided the below advice. How do I access the Get Layout Templates Info task? Where is that? Is someone able to upload a video or provide some screenshots on what I need to do to enable these settings?

Configure print widget documentation - https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/print-widget.htm 

Marokapara_0-1674679144471.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

So you will be using the out of the box Esri hosted print service and the templates that it provides. Those templates (as far as I know) do not have a north arrow, so you wouldn't have one on the output.

Regarding the legend, what layers have you got in the map? If the its just the hosted tile layer, then it probably won't show this if its been set as the basemap.

The get layouts task is available here https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Get Layout Te... but you don't really need to access that, you should be able to configure the options available in the widget, by selecting a template. 

GrantSCarroll_0-1674684271843.png

Is your hosted tile layer publicly available? If it is could you share the link with me? I can test to see if I can print it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Just a couple of quick questions to help out,

1. The hosted tile layer is in AGOL or in ArcGIS Enterprise?

2. Can you provide the URL of the print service you configured?, Is it your own or an Esri hosted one?

The print widget will create an ExportWebMap object which it will send to the print service. Generally when a layer doesn't appear in the output, its because the print service cannot access the layer. 

0 Kudos
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Grant-S-Carroll ,

1. The hosted tile layer is in AGOL or in ArcGIS Enterprise? AGOL

2. Can you provide the URL of the print service you configured?, Is it your own or an Esri hosted one? Not sure how to answer this question.... I just used the default printTask option that came up.

Marokapara_0-1674682033103.png

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

So you will be using the out of the box Esri hosted print service and the templates that it provides. Those templates (as far as I know) do not have a north arrow, so you wouldn't have one on the output.

Regarding the legend, what layers have you got in the map? If the its just the hosted tile layer, then it probably won't show this if its been set as the basemap.

The get layouts task is available here https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Get Layout Te... but you don't really need to access that, you should be able to configure the options available in the widget, by selecting a template. 

GrantSCarroll_0-1674684271843.png

Is your hosted tile layer publicly available? If it is could you share the link with me? I can test to see if I can print it.

Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Grant-S-Carroll ,

Your reply was helpful. Thank you.

I pulled out the print widget, put it back in, and then the hosted tile layer showed in the map extent. I had it at the basemap level. Maybe I had an issue because I had it in there before the last couple of upgrades.

For some reason I thought a north arrow was included, but you're right that's not part of the widget yet.

0 Kudos