Popup details into column instead of map display

03-30-2022 04:30 AM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Would it be possible to allow for a setting to display or not display the web map popup details in the map display and visualize the details in its own panel. The idea is to allow the user to continuously see all map features without the popup covering portions of the map but still access the popup detail.

cheers

Rod

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Yes I know Robert. I'm basically asking if it can be added to the AGOL version. I'm using yours in our development version and its great.

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RodWoodfordOld 

One way is to use the feature info widget, and disable the map widget pop-up from the map settings.

ShengdiZhang_0-1648692784301.png

Another way is to use a text widget to display information about the selected feature.

Add a text widget, select data, and choose the view of the selected features. Then add dynamic content in the text widget.

ShengdiZhang_1-1648692951668.png

ShengdiZhang_2-1648693010273.png

Check the option "View for empty selection" to avoid displaying brackets when no feature is selected.

ShengdiZhang_4-1648693517321.png

Here is how it looks at runtime:

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Shengdi,

Thanks for the info. Problem is it looks like you can only use one source popup at a time so you need to duplicate for other popups. Can get messy in design. With the Popup Panel widget that Robert has built on the back of the work in WABD you can access all popups that are available in the map. So you only need to add the widget once and it will access all source data in the map that have popups on.

I will look at you workflow.

cheers

0 Kudos