pop-up window with set link

Jump to solution
04-20-2022 07:28 AM
KaitlynM17
New Contributor

In my map I have added a button widget with the intention of making it an info button that opens a window I have created. Right now what happens is that when the info button is clicked, a blank box appears and then if you click on the blank box, the info window opens. 

I am trying to get my window to appear in the "info" box seen below, rather than having to select the blank space in the box to prompt the window to open. 

My process was create button, and then I "Set Link" to the window I wanted it to open. I have tried both Fixed and Anchored Windows. 

KaitlynM17_0-1650464757458.png

Is there a way to fix this or another workaround for this kind of pop-up? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@KaitlynM17 Telling from your screenshot, you added a Button widget inside a Widget Controller widget, which provides this UX. Utilizing the W-Button directly, and custom your linked Window layout, it can generate something like this:

TonghuiMing_0-1650506302356.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@KaitlynM17 Telling from your screenshot, you added a Button widget inside a Widget Controller widget, which provides this UX. Utilizing the W-Button directly, and custom your linked Window layout, it can generate something like this:

TonghuiMing_0-1650506302356.png

KaitlynM17
New Contributor

Thanks! I hadn't realized you could add the W-button outside of the widget controller. I'll give this a try!

0 Kudos