Option to default Map Layers Widget On

Jump to solution
10-04-2022 07:55 AM
Labels (1)
CMcDonald
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

is it possible to default the Map Layers list to switch on automatically when your Experience Builder App opens?

This functionality exists in the WAB.

CMcDonald_0-1664895302417.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

To add to what @jcarlson is saying. The widget controller is responsible for that. Say you are using the foldable theme and adding a widget to the widget controller in the apps header. You will see as outlined in this image you can set a widget to open at start.

snip.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean the map layers widget that's inside the map itself, or a separate layer list widget? For the former, I don't believe so. For the latter, it's certainly possible, but depends on where you put the widget.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CMcDonald

I think it would have to be the Map Layers that sits out with the map as the former does not allow you to toggle Layers on and off. Of course maybe there is a way to do that?
I would be happy providing you can toggle Layers it can sit anywhere.

CMcDonald_0-1664896004280.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

To add to what @jcarlson is saying. The widget controller is responsible for that. Say you are using the foldable theme and adding a widget to the widget controller in the apps header. You will see as outlined in this image you can set a widget to open at start.

snip.jpg

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can also add the widget to something like a sidebar tab or its own floating window, which can be adjusted to show when the page loads, too. But the widget controller is probably the simplest.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CMcDonald

Thank you both, much appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos