Select to view content in your preferred language

Nested / layered widgets?

Jump to solution
10-14-2022 06:43 AM
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to get more familiar with Experience Builder since finding out there will be no updates to Web AppBuilder for 4.x JSAPI.

Is there a way to nest widgets similar to WAB? I would like to have something similar to this but using the widget controller is not allowing me to retain the resize and position of the widget popups. 

luckachi_0-1665754897147.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A widget controller makes sense for something like a header, or a series of widgets you want to be inside a map frame, but since it always makes floating windows for your widgets, it's not the best choice.

One downside of a View Navigator is that you lose the nice button icons. But try something like this:

• Sidebar
    • Row
      • Buttons per widget, linked to corresponding section
    • Section
      • View per widget

jcarlson_0-1665757876213.png

jcarlson_1-1665757960639.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely! A lot of the features of WAB like that can be replicated in EB. Check out using a Section or Sidebar (or both) to keep specific widgets contained and arranged in a different frame or window.

You could, for instance, have a floating window, within which you place a Section element, and then within different sections, your various widgets.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
luckachi

I am currently working with the Pocket template with a sidebar. I've added a widget control to the right sidebar I've added the Legend widget, the layer list widget and a few other to the controller. I've tried to resize the legend widget and reposition it into the placeholder to the right but once I start switching between the widgets, the legend moves back to the original location. 

luckachi_0-1665756369271.png

** The section widget works well but it would be great if instead of the dots/arrows you could see the actual widget icon so you can quickly navigate to a specific widget.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A widget controller makes sense for something like a header, or a series of widgets you want to be inside a map frame, but since it always makes floating windows for your widgets, it's not the best choice.

One downside of a View Navigator is that you lose the nice button icons. But try something like this:

• Sidebar
    • Row
      • Buttons per widget, linked to corresponding section
    • Section
      • View per widget

jcarlson_0-1665757876213.png

jcarlson_1-1665757960639.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
luckachi

This is perfect and works great - thank you Josh!

0 Kudos