Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple things stopped working in the Search widget in last update

11-14-2023 10:23 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok going a bit crazy here.  Had an experience all working but the Search widget seems to have totally broke in the latest update to AGOL.

First the search now seems to be Starts With and not contains.  This search used to work fine on contains.

DougBrowning_0-1699985598712.png

I think it is setup right because if I do an exact using starts with it works fine.

DougBrowning_1-1699985664666.png

Second I had it all working where once an item is picked in the search widget all 3 of my tables filter to those records.  Now it will not filter anything in the tables at all.  Once I got to filter one table but not all 3.

Nothing happens here

DougBrowning_2-1699986016282.png

Then I tried the table searches and that just makes a drop down that hides and cannot be read.

DougBrowning_3-1699986060693.png

So what is up here?  Again it was the same project that was working and now does not at all.

Anyone else seeing this?  Know issues?

thanks a lot

3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/announcements/whats-new-in-arcgis-exper...

There were changes to how search works in the last update. It looks like what you are seeing is new expected behavior.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks I had read this but was hoping not everything broke.  I checked and this field is indexed already both attribute and full text.  I deleted them and re added but still not working.  Again it was working perfectly fine and fast before no real need for them to change this.

The second issue where it is no longer filtering the records still there too.

This was about to be Production so this is a major hurdle for us.  thanks

Also this makes no sense. The search is more efficient because it actually does way less?  Like what?

Full-text search is a more efficient search method, but it cannot find phrases located in the middle or at the end of words.

What good is a search if I have to know the exact?  Then its just a filter and not a search.  This needs to be fixed.

For example our project names are like this CO_ColorCountyDO.  So a user comes in and searches on Color.  From the text above this means this will not longer ever work?  I maybe get the words thing for full text but for attribute why is it starts with and not contains?  Even the map settings allow contains but now ExB does not?

DougBrowning_0-1700059921262.png

Sorry I am just so confused as to what that plan was here?

BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

This sounds like a similar issue I had with attribute and text indexes with a hosted feature service and Experience Builder hosted on AGOL. My searching details can be seen in this thread.

In summary it came down to a bug in Experience Builder as I did not have similar issues in Web AppBuilder. It was logged as ENH-000163068 if you want to refer to it.

• Synopsis: Experience Builder Search Widget does not honor the Feature layer's Full Text Field Indexes