Map Widget Basemap tool of a publicly shared Web Experience does not show Organization basemaps for anonymous users

Jump to solution
05-13-2022 10:55 AM
Labels (1)
MichelleWang1
New Contributor II

I created a publicly shared Web Experience using ArcGIS Online Experience Builder. The web map is also publicly shared. I also enabled Anonymous Access to my AGOL organization. The experience map basmap tool shows organization basemap gallery to signed in users, but shows a different set of basemaps for anonymous users. The problem does not occur for web applications built by Web AppBuilder.

Here are the screenshots:

Basemap tool shows Organization defined basemaps for signed in users:

MichelleWang1_0-1652464399008.png

Basemap tool does not show organization basemaps for anonymous users:

MichelleWang1_1-1652464492370.png

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes I can verify this is a problem for me as well. This is a real issue. Although I could use the dev edition, all the problems with node and VS code at the 1.8 release client install makes me not want to use it at this time. 

Plus, none of us should have to use the dev edition just so the map basemap gallery tool can display the org's public basemap gallery.  Again, I real problem. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this the Developer version, or the online one? With the Developer version, you can register the app and add the clientID, as detailed on this page: https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/#deploy-the-experience 

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MichelleWang1
New Contributor II

This is the Online version.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes I can verify this is a problem for me as well. This is a real issue. Although I could use the dev edition, all the problems with node and VS code at the 1.8 release client install makes me not want to use it at this time. 

Plus, none of us should have to use the dev edition just so the map basemap gallery tool can display the org's public basemap gallery.  Again, I real problem. 

MichelleWang1
New Contributor II

Does Esri know about this issue? How to report this issue to Esri?