Is there a Time Slider Widget for Experience Builder?

Jump to solution
10-15-2020 11:03 PM
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peoples,

Is there a Time Slider Widget for the new Experience Builder in AGOL?

I have an app developed with WebAppBuilder that I want to convert over to Experience Builder.

Is there a Developer sample - could look at development.

Cheers,

Mark

Tags (2)
44 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelWen_Timmons , see the following example of using JSPAI editor widget in ExB:

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/sample-code/widgets/editor/

0 Kudos
MichaelWen_Timmons
New Contributor III

I used the approached used in js-api-widget to use the Sketch widget and it was successful. However when I tried to use the same approach with the TimeSlider widget nothing shows. This is the render function I used in widget.tsx: 

render() {
    return <div className="widget-use-map-view" style={{ width: '100%', height: '100%', overflow: 'hidden' }}>
      {!this.isConfigured() && <h3>Please select a map.</h3>}
      <h3>
        Time Slider Widget
      </h3>

<JimuMapViewComponent useMapWidgetId={this.props.useMapWidgetIds?.[0]} onActiveViewChange={this.onActiveViewChange}></JimuMapViewComponent>

<hr />
      <h4>This shows the Time Slider widget.</h4>

<div ref={this.apiWidgetContainer}></div>
    </div>;
  }

I noticed that the TimeSlider widget appears inside the map. Does it need to be rendered in a different way?

0 Kudos
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jianxia,

The current time slider works well.  We have an index that represents an aerial photo index over time, so we can use the slider to filter the index see when the photos were taken.

One bug that is problematic is that if the widget is in a map and another widget is selected, the time slider filter is dropped.  One needs to have the time slider filter applied, and still be able to use other widgets in the map - so make sure that functionality works.

If the widget is set to be applied automatically when the app is opened, make sure it also works on mobile devices in this way (could be a bug in the current one).

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions Mark. Added them to the user requirements of Time Slider.

0 Kudos
ThomasDarley1
New Contributor II

Hello, I would like to  see the time slider widget  have a unique time interval as an option where given a time  aware layer the interval will be set to each unique time value. This is crucial for showing data such as storm events.  

SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

I am also very interested in seeing this implemented!!  I see the capability in Web Apps but not in Dashboards or in Experience Builder.  I need some tools available in the Dashboards, like being able to select a point and show related photos in an embedded content window, AND time slider functionality.  If anyone has suggestions on a no-code solution that incorporates both, please let me know!  For now I'm stuck with choosing either/or functionality.

ASLPipeline
New Contributor II

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but we were able to add a Web App to Experience Builder inside an Embed widget. Just drag the Embed widget into an empty page and add the link to your Web App to embed it (which contains the time slider widget). It worked for us!

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@ThomasDarley1 @SolanaFoo2 and all, the Time Slider widget is planned for Q2 2022. We will share the 2022 roadmap after the December update. Thanks.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The new Timeline widget in ExB has been released today (AGOL 10.2).