How to deploy an EB application to Staging or Production

06-14-2023 10:56 AM
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

How can I deploy a folder where I have an EB application with web maps, and other items, to another folder for Production or Staging (testing)?  

Thanks

5 Replies
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

The easiest way to do this is probably through Groups. The content blocks on an ArcGIS Online page or the layout of an ArcGIS Hub page have built-in options for which Group(s) to include. Then for each of your EB apps, you can edit the sharing for production and staging groups, and only add the users as members who need access to those groups.

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @BuffaloCoWI  thank you for your answer,

I am using AGOL, and this is the issue I am encountering is that when copying a Web Experience item (EB web application) and all web maps items used but this EB application.  Links to new web maps are not refreshed inside the new Web Experience copy.

Let's say that I have an EB application called Demo that uses webmap1 and webmap2. These 3 items are located in folder DemoDevelopment

Now if I make a copy of these 3 items in a new folder DemoProduction. When I open application Demo in DemoProduction folder it is going to point to web maps: webmap1 and webmap2 in DemoDevelopment, not in DemoProduction.

It looks like when copying an EB application, there isn't any option that redirects the items that are referenced in the application.

I was thinking about something similar to ArcMap when we use Relative paths.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, in ArcGIS Online you'll have to edit the copy of your app to use the copy of your maps. I don't know of any way to get around that.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@SanchezNuñez @BuffaloCoWI , the upcoming release of ArcGIS API for Python will support for automating Experience Builder items like cloning, creating, publishing apps so you can easily move Experience Builder items including maps, layers, and web services they use from one environment to another. 

ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

I have a workaround that, while not perfect, supports quick updates and backouts of apps. The idea is to create a "wrapper" Experience Builder with a single iframe in it that is maximized to full screen. The URL to the actual Experience Builder (or Dashboard, or whatever) is placed in the iframe. To swap in a new version of the app, just replace the URL in the iframe. 

Again, this is not a perfect solution, but it does work.

A second benefit of this is that the URL to the wrapper ExB remains the same, so it becomes a crude type of permalink.

0 Kudos