How to change "Undefined" in ExB Edit widget?

03-07-2022 09:18 AM
Labels (1)
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

I have set up an Edit widget in my Experience Builder app. Before the user selects a feature to edit, the widget displays a title at the top, which is taken from the name I have given the widget. However when the user selects a feature, that title changes to the word "undefined". I can't figure out where it is getting "undefined" from or what to do to fix it. I've tried using both customised settings and the web map settings for the data source, and I've tried changing things in the web map pop-ups and form builder, but none of those make any difference. 

Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

What it says before anything is selected:

DebSF_0-1646673428565.png

What it says when a polygon has been selected:

DebSF_1-1646673495672.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

The edit widget gets that value from the Title field in the popup config for that layer. (even if you have popups disabled in the EB).

R_

0 Kudos
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

@RhettZufelt I've configured the pop-up title in the web map (tried both new and classic), but that text still comes through as "Undefined". Map pop-ups and the Feature Info widget both show the title I configured in the pop-up, so it is working as expected there but is not coming through to the Edit widget.

0 Kudos
Mmwilliams
New Contributor III

I am having this same problem.  I've changed the popup title and the field list title in the new map viewer.  The classic map viewer didn't work either for me.  Would love to know if there is something that we are missing. 

RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Disregard my previous post.

Tried to get a step by step, but couldn't configure anything in the Edit widget now.  I still had the Edit widget (beta) in there, and had to remove it and re-build the new Edit widget, and can not get it to work.

Seems now the Edit widget is getting its title from the form, but, is not substituting values for the field in the expression.

I.e., if I set the title to:  This Feature = {FeatID}   should substitute the value, but, just shows the text of the expression now instead.

If I find a workaround/solution, will post it here.

R_

0 Kudos
PamDelaney1
New Contributor

Hi all, I believe this is taken from the display ID in the service definition. If you update the field in the service being used as the display ID, it should be updated in the edit widget. 

Mmwilliams
New Contributor III

This worked!  Thanks so much for this suggestion.  It's a pretty simple fix if you can get to the service definition.  

0 Kudos