How can I get a nice big pop-up in arcGIS Experience?

04-24-2020 01:56 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I have lost days trying to do something very simple: I want someone to click a dot on a map and get a big popup, docked on the screen featuring the media (URL) in my map image service.

I am using the list, it shows all my features and when you click one, I am expecting it to zoom to the location on the map. It does this once, for the first place in the list, but seems to never do it again. Also, there is no highlighting or anything on the map which makes it impossible to know which point we are looking at.

Experience Builder app

The feature widget doesn't seem to connect to my map, I guess I could somehow click throguh my 1000 features, click on it and maybe see it on the map, but ideally, wouldn't someone want to click a feature on a map and update the list and feature info widget? Why is this simplest feature not possible?

p.s. I have tried Web App builder, but the popups only stay small in the map.

The map tour editor requires a csv but I want to use a map image service.

I have tried arcGIS Javascript but can't get the pop-up to be large without breaking my code and it seems impossible to add a home button.

The attachment viewer template for some reason does not recognize the attachments in my map image layer.

Is there really no option to just show a large docked pop-up?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is an experience ArcGIS Experience Builder where you can review my settings. There are three pages, the first is the actions, the second is the Feature Info and the last is the section and view navigation.  For your webmap, can you just add the featurelayer for the service? The reason why the flash isn't working is because it cannot detect the action layer. We don't officially support map services in the 1.0 release, so this is a workaround. Also, here is a webmap that shows how to use your media in a popup https://arcg.is/1zL1j0 . 

Cheers,

David  

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

yes, I can get pop-ups to show up in my web map but there are no templates where I can't make them BIG! The feature info doesn't show the media in my experience page but it does in yours so let me see if I can find why.

can you please send the link to the experience map with the 4 buttons at the top?

thanks again!

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Just so you know, the Feature Info has a default size for the image and it will not go any bigger than the defined size. If you click the section page in the experience I shared it will have the section with four views.

David 

0 Kudos
rachelm
New Contributor III

I'm jumping on this post because ultimately I also need more beautiful popups with attachments.  How do I minimize the enormous about of screen real estate that the media attachment takes up in a pop, in the new map viewer and in the Experience Feature Info widget?

@DavidMartinez 

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a way to click on a symbol in the map and have the popup open in the side panel?

0 Kudos