Filter Widget Fails across pages

06-16-2021 08:46 PM
BlakeGardiner2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using AGOL and experience builder.

I have a simple web map with one layer (lets say its Roads), which is displayed on three separate pages on my Experience Builder app. On each page, I have a filter setup to display the correct Road by its ID.

The filter works once, on whichever page I load first. Then when changing pages, the filter is turned 'on' by default - but switching it OFF then displays the Road from the previous page - not the road ID listed in the filter, and not the expected behavior of the toggle on/off.

Funnily, in editing mode, when I switch between pages, it works as expected. It's only an issue once its published.

I want to avoid creating XX number of web-maps to display a simple result and thought the filter would achieve this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@BlakeGardiner2 

Sorry for the short reply, I've an appointment coming up.

So, when creating the filter, try creating a view for that particular map and call the view that map name, for easy reference, then apply the filer expressions against that view. This means you're not filtering the default data.
Hopefully on the subsequent maps, if you apply same method, you'll not get the cross-filter effect.

Sorry I haven't got time to test and show examples, but hope it works.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1623916101286.png

0 Kudos
BlakeGardiner2
New Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan. I have tried that method, and still get the same result. Side note - so seems strange where you set a secondary/filtered View, but still require to essentially re-enter the SQL expression again.

JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I'll a further look once free - it's intrigued me too as to the "filter everywhere"