Filter lists values in alphabetical order of attribute list label, rather than numerical code

05-13-2022 11:50 AM
MatthewMayfield
New Contributor II

I have a filter on an Experience Builder page using values from a feature service. The filter points to an integer field with an attribute list set up to translate those values to a text label (similar to a coded value domain). The filter orders the options alphabetically by label, rather than by the numerical code. I'm using predefined unique values. They are ordered correctly when using all unique values (but I need a truncated list). I tried the same filter in Web AppBuilder and it works as it should.

Does anyone know whether this is a known issue or have any ideas to get my values in order?

Thanks-

Matt

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatthewMayfield, what do you mean by the "numerical code"?

0 Kudos
MatthewMayfield
New Contributor II

I mean the stored Code from the attribute list, as opposed to the Label.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/define-attribute-lists-and-ranges.htm

Thanks-

Matt

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

As a matter of fact, we did an enhancement that users want to sort the value list intuitively, in the past release, which does happen for most of the user experience. I think that's why you are seeing this behavior.

Prior to that, the behavior was the same as WAB - we do not add any sorting to the predefined list.

0 Kudos
MatthewMayfield
New Contributor II

I'm not sure I understand. Shouldn't there be some way to control the sorting of my data in the filter other than by alphabetical order of the label?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, there are not - it will go either way, but one of them that is defined in our framework. Otherwise, it could be chaos in many user scenarios, mainly causing the mismatch from this specific predefined case vs. other widgets using the data like Table, List, etc.

It could be helpful to post it to the Experience Builder Ideas channel, for your specific case - keep the original order from service and do not apply any sort for the predefined values, and we will evaluate the case based on the feedback in general. Thanks.

0 Kudos