Filter date to include Now as an option

12-03-2021 07:17 AM
BrianMorrison
New Contributor

Hello

When creating a filtered data view on a date field, the options to set under the 'is before' or 'is after' options are Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Custom, In looking at some other posts, it appears that one can not override these options. For more time-sensitive data, It would be nice to have an option of 'Now'. One can do this currently in the dashboard app, however, it would be nice to import this functionality to Experience Builder 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrianMorrison - In ExB SQL expressions, the operators "is in the last" & "is not in the last" are ones anchored to Now:

TonghuiMing_0-1639539260000.png

If it does not cover your case, is it possible to elaborate a little more on the details?

You could probably also post on the ArcGIS Experience Builder Ideas page, and we will evaluate the use cases based on the community feedback.

Best,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using the filter widget and the SQL Expression option does not include "is in the last" & "is not in the last" as shown below (the one not shown in the scroll is "is not blank").   I would also like to filter by the last 12 hours and last 24 hours from now.  Is that possible with this widget or anywhere in ExB.

Brian_Kaplan_0-1660234349991.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User That's because the "is (not) in the last" operators are only supported for Online hosted feature services.

Note that in the new Timeline widget, you can use "Now" or "Today" as a date/time anchor, but only if you convert the data as temporal data:

TonghuiMing_0-1660287243497.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.  That is helpful.  However, I'm using a reference registered enterprise database that I have published to Enterprise and I'm using the Enterprise REST endpoint in ArcGIS Online.   When I published the registered database with time enabled on the layer, the published Enterprise layer when opened in a web app, has the option also has Enable Time Animation option available as shown below.  Since our Enterprise is at 10.8.1, I'm not able to test out the timeslider widget in ExB.  When I take the REST endpoint of these data and  add it to ArcGIS Online as content, the process completes but when I try to view the data in the new map viewer, the basemap loads but the data doesn’t.  If I try to view the data in the classic map viewer, the data partial loads and then freezes.

Brian_Kaplan_1-1661206565079.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

When I take the REST endpoint of these data and  add it to ArcGIS Online as content, the process completes but when I try to view the data in the new map viewer, the basemap loads but the data doesn’t.  If I try to view the data in the classic map viewer, the data partial loads and then freezes.

This sounds like an authentication issue of adding the service into Map Viewer. Maybe you could try changing the share settings and then see if that helps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There were some issues with our Enterprise and it is working now.  Thanks.