Feature Info Widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder - selecting first item in list

05-04-2021 10:07 AM
LaurenMiller78
New Contributor III

I have an application which contains a map and list which updates based on extent.  I would like users to be able to click an item of interest from the map or from the list.  The pop-up I have designed contains many Arcade expressions and my hope is:

1) Use the feature info widget to display pop-up content.  The problem here is that the widget seems to "take over" the application and drives the selection process- it seems to grab the first record in the list.  This is non-ideal as I want the user to select a record and the pop-up information appear after that.  Can this auto-selection be deactivated somehow?

OR

2) Use the pop-up n the map viewer as a way for user to obtain additional information about a record of interest.  The problem with this is that the map widget does not have a zoom to option.  So if user selects an item while zoomed pretty far out and then clicks on the record, it becomes unselected and the record is lost among all the other records.  Not sure if there is a solution to this one.. I feel I have tried every combo if widget action/triggers possible. 

OR

3) Modify JSON using AGOL assistant or use Arcade to control scale at which pop-ups are available for "clicking".  I have no idea how to go about this, seems possible but cant find any documentation to get me going!

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!   

6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lauren,

For the feature info widget under source, can you use the selected features as opposed to default so that when a feature is selected in the map or list only that content will show in the feature info widget?

Cheers,

David 

0 Kudos
LaurenMiller
New Contributor II

Many thanks for the speedy response!  I forgot to mention that the "selected features" options doesn't preserve the contents of the pop-up as designed in your web map.  It visualizes the raw attribute table.  Is there a work around for this? 

0 Kudos
LaurenMiller78
New Contributor III

Many thanks for the speedy response!  I forgot to mention that the "selected features" option doesn't preserve the contents of the pop-up as designed in your web map.  It visualizes the raw attribute table.  Is there a work around for this? 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

It is confirmed as a bug that "selected features" option doesn't preserve the contents of the pop-up. 
We have logged an issue to fix it. Thanks a lot for your feedback. 

0 Kudos
LaurenMiller78
New Contributor III

Thank-you so much for the response.  Any idea on the time frame of when a fix will be implemented?   

TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Also interested in a timeline for this. I have the same issue, where the feature info widget takes over the selecting. I'd like to use Selected Features, but I need the popup configuration. 

Thanks.