Facebook Feed - Embed Widget

03-24-2023 09:17 AM
Labels (1)
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

The city I work for is updating an Experience Builder page that contains several Embed Widgets, including one for a Facebook feed. In response to this blog post, we are needing to update the code so that it is directly from Facebook (Case 2). 

I tried using the code generator at Facebook's Page Plugin website. However, the code did not fully work within Experience Builder (it just showed the page headed, not the feed of posts). 

Just using the Facebook page's URL in the Embed Widget also does not work. 

Has anyone been able to embed a Facebook feed into an Experience Builder while meeting the requirements they announced earlier this year?

Current version of the Experience Builder we are updating. 

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@BethAnnWinebarger Hi Beth, are you still seeing the previous issues? Based on recent updates, the Facebook feed should work fine and so does it when I did a quick check in your app provided.

Let us know if you have come across further issues regarding embedding these social media. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Hi there, thank you for checking the Facebook feed widget!

On that same Experience Builder, we have a 5-day weather widget setup using an embed widget. It is showing a warning right now saying the code we are using won't be supported soon. I've tried using just URLs from weather websites, but end up with ads or loading errors. Are there any suggestions on how to create a simple weather widget? 

Thank you!

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Beth - If the code is directly generated from the Facebook official site, it should not show the warning. Is it possible to share your code with me in ways you're comfortable with for me to double-check, like DM?

0 Kudos
cenciaaa
New Contributor

Iʻm experiencing the exact same issue. Iʻm using the code generated from the official Facebook site and the widget is not properly displaying (it just showed the page headed, not the feed of posts). Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos