Extant changes in map widget

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 04:38 AM
Danny_ATLANTES
New Contributor II

I am making an experience with different maps organized in views, and I would like to synchronize their extent changes.

I have tried the the extent change action trigger on a few different maps, but it doesn't function as I want it to. Sometimes it works a few extent changes, but then if I continue to make changes, eventually it will just stop working at all.

I want it to have it function as it does in this Experience (not mine) : https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/22c7182a162d45788dd52a2362f8ed65

Right now I have the triggers set it up like this in all the maps I tried it for:

Danny_ATLANTES_0-1627299289282.png

Does anyone have experience with using the extent changes and can help me figure it out?

Thank-you,

Danny

Kind regards,
Danny
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@Danny_ATLANTES 

Hi, resolution is quite simple.

If you've got your multiple maps set within views, and the view associated with a button, just make sure each map has the action of Extent Change - Zoom To, don't include a Pan action.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1627330894980.png

To create an experience like the one you link.

Add a Section, then create a View and add a Map Widget in that view. Select the Map and add the Action Extent Changes - Zoom To to the map, not the framework.  Repeat the add View and Map, then Action, until all your maps are in. You'll now have a number of Views within the Section.

Create a Button and link it to a View, again repeat for the number of Views you have.

You'll end up with the Experience above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonathanMcDougall

@Danny_ATLANTES 

Hi, resolution is quite simple.

If you've got your multiple maps set within views, and the view associated with a button, just make sure each map has the action of Extent Change - Zoom To, don't include a Pan action.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1627330894980.png

To create an experience like the one you link.

Add a Section, then create a View and add a Map Widget in that view. Select the Map and add the Action Extent Changes - Zoom To to the map, not the framework.  Repeat the add View and Map, then Action, until all your maps are in. You'll now have a number of Views within the Section.

Create a Button and link it to a View, again repeat for the number of Views you have.

You'll end up with the Experience above.

Danny_ATLANTES
New Contributor II

It works! Thanks alot, Jonathan

Kind regards,
Danny
JonathanMcDougall

@Danny_ATLANTES 

You're welcome.

0 Kudos