Experience Builder Developer Edition - How to create a custom datasource

04-19-2021 09:54 AM
KarimD
by
New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the Experience Builder Developer Edition.

It is stated in the documentation that it is possible to create a custom datasource (https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/core-concepts/) : « Experience Builder can be extended through building custom widgets, creating custom themes, custom data sources, and message/actions. »

I want to create a custom FeatureLayer so I can override the "changeJimuQueryToRestJSQuery" method.

Is there a step-by-step way to do just that ?

I saw in the « Experience Builder Dev Edition » some samples. One of them (the « search-github-widget ») is doing just that by creating the « GithubRepositoryDataSource », but I didn’t find a way to make it work:

-There is no README/description with that widget;

-There is no « setting.tsx » file, so it is not possible to configure the widget.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Have a good day,

3 Replies
AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

Did you find directions on how to do this? I'm also trying to create a custom data source (in my case from client-side data entirely).

And were can I find the GithubRepositoryDataSource? I don't see it under their samples for ExB 1.4 Dev Edition.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KarimD
by
New Contributor II

Hello @AlejandroMari1 ,

The issue of creating a custom data source is still not clear to me. Although, to be precise, I was working on the ExB 1.3 during the time. Maybe the documentation is clearer on the issue with the ExB 1.4.

The datasource I was talking about in my Post (GithubRepositoryDataSource) is not found on the website (https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/sample-code/), it is code you can find directly inside the SDK. Here is the relative path of the GithubRepositoryDataSource for the ExB 1.3 :

« ./ArcGISExperienceBuilder/client/dist/widgets/samples/data-sources/search-github-widget/src/runtime/github-data-source.ts »

Regards,
0 Kudos
AlejandroMari1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response @KarimD .

It looks like the "samples" folder is not present on 1.4, so I went into 1.3 and found the github one. Thank you!

The documentation is still very thin regarding custom development for ExB (in general, not only for Data Sources).

That GitHub example seems to be similar to what I was looking for. I will take a look! I will post back here if I manage to get something working.

Alejandro