Experience Builder and Survey123 - select from multiple geometries

03-30-2023 09:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using experience builder to build a tool for our staff to use to select features in the field and fill in a survey. I have 2 feature services that I would like to capture data for. Wondering if anyone can suggest how I can allow the user to select either a point or line feature and submit a survey.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Are there any connections/relationships between the point layer and line layer? Or the survey you want users to submit when selecting a point or a line is the same one or two different surveys?

If it's two different surveys, you can add two Survey widgets in the app and connect each of them to the point and line layer by using the "Send data to this survey" setting in the Survey widget. Hence, clicking a point or a line on the map can open the corresponding survey.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, there are no connections or relationships between the point & line layers. The survey will be the exact same - the information that we are collecting is for the same type of data (painted lines & symbols on our roads) but one dataset is stored as points and the other as lines.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User ,

Thanks for the information. If you have two layers (one point layer and another line layer) with exact same properties, since one survey cannot target two layers, it would be good to just add two Survey widgets and each survey in it targets the point/line layer separately.

0 Kudos