Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB Edit Widget with dropdown list - Have to pick item twice

04-08-2024 10:42 AM
JoelBrodeur
New Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer that has some attributes with lists created and some without.

When using the editor widget, select a feature, edit one attribute, and then select and another attribute that has a list, I pick an item in the list and the value return to the previous value.  When I pick it a second time it the appears correctly.

After initial testing, this only "appears" to happen on records that have not been previously edited.  If the feature has been previously edited, then the list appears to behave as expected.

I will continue to investigate and post if more information becomes available.

Thanks,

JB

6 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I had an issue where some random points wouldn't edit at all. After a call with Esri we found that null values in a field were causing my issues within the edit widget. 

0 Kudos
JoelBrodeur
New Contributor II

Laura, thank you for the reply.  I will try to test this out and see if it changes anything.

It makes sense as I am using the NULL on some of the dropdowns for filtering purposes so there are definitely some null values.

0 Kudos
EmoryHorvath
New Contributor

Yes, i'm having this issue as well, when creating new records in EB Edit Widget.  It only happens with one of my dropdowns (a required field), and is really bugging the users.

I was also having issues with editing data on existing records.  Not sure, but it's possible that the offending records had some null values also, but there doesn't seem to be a complete correlation here, because other records with (presumably) some null values didn't have problems.

Also, just generally, the Edit widget seems to be extremely buggy when trying to edit attributes/geometry for existing records.  Almost unusable.  It does better on creating new records.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I had the same behavior. I could edit some records while others I could not (same layer), but in the end my null values were still the culprit and I haven't had issues since. It never affected every single record. Again, I did share my data with Esri and that is how they found the issue. 

0 Kudos
JoelBrodeur
New Contributor II

I have checked the null value and I don't think that is the culprit in this case.

I did find that it only happens on the drop downs and only happens if I edit in certain orders.

There also seems to be some correlation between the fields I am editing and those same fields being part of a filter widget.

If I only edit fields that are not part of the filter widget, then it seems fine.  But as soon as I edit a field that is part of the filter widget, then I start seeing the behavior.

Very strange.

0 Kudos
WDominguez-Zarate
New Contributor II

ESRI Support helped us with a temporary fix and logged this as a bug BUG-000167043 Add the feature layer to ArcGIS Pro and run a field calculation to update the value to a certain value (N/A, no data, etc.) Then publish or overwrite the updated layer back to ArcGIS Online. We can add the newly added value to the field list in the item details page. This will allow the ‘connection’ between the list and the edit widget in ExB to complete as expected.

0 Kudos