Edit Widget - Display Field on multiple feature selection

03-23-2023 01:30 PM
Labels (1)
HHight
by
New Contributor II

I am currently working with Experience Builder in AGOL. I have a roadway feature layer that has been published up to AGOL and is the data I am using in Experience Builder. 

The issue I am having is with the edit widget within the Exp Builder. When I multi-select the roadway feature layer, the edit widget presents these records as a scrollable list within the edit widget.:edit widget.PNG

However, these records are not respecting the custom displayField expression that was set in the feature back in my pro document before publishing up to AGOL.

I have brought both my roadway feature and Exp Builder into ArcGIS Assistant to view the JSON code and see if there is a displayField I can edit; haven't found one. 

I also opened up the REST services directory as Admin and tried updating the service definition:

rest service directory.PNG

My custom displayField string will consist of 4 string fields. Is this the problem? That the displayField can't handle more than one field? Anyone else been able to successfully update the displayField through the JSON, and change it to a multiple string expression?

4 Replies
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@HHight We are having the exact same issue.  We try using expressions for the display field, but when viewed in ExB, the OBJECTID is what is displayed, which is basically useless for people whom need to edit or find records.

0 Kudos
KL_MSB
by
New Contributor II

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am having the same needs as only showing ObjectID gives our users no information as to what to select 

0 Kudos
HHight
by
New Contributor II

No, I have not found a solution yet. Still hoping someone has the answer!

0 Kudos
KrichbaumHenry
New Contributor II

I'm also having this same issue with the edit widget. Ran into this when setting up the new select widget on an ExB. Hopefully someone from ESRI can chime in on if there is a way to change field is displayed!

0 Kudos