Dynamic link between map and query

02-01-2022 06:38 AM
Labels (2)
hijivir
New Contributor

Hello,

I am creating an experience which would need to have so live filtered data through a query and then these filtered places need to be marked on a map. So far i have been struggling to make that realtime connection between the query which filters the base shapefile and the map. What would be the workflow proposed, if any possible?

Thanks in advance,

Hiji

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sounds like maybe you need to use the Filter Widget instead of Query.

The filter widget will only draw the features that match the query by default without having to attach any actions to it.

R_

0 Kudos
hijivir
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip, will check it out. THough I have to mention that I am talking about strictly filtering features from a shapefile (not layers from a map), so it's a more data-centric approach. Will post here if it works.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure how you are gong to mark something on the map that isn't "on the map", but you can also add maps/data to the experience that are not shown in the map widget to get access to the data in them.

R_

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@hijivir Have you tried the Data action > Show on map feature (Data action for ExB ) for your Query widget? It is designed to highlight features of your query results on the map for display purposes.

TonghuiMing_0-1644473328798.png

I am getting a little confused about the query & map structure you have. You mentioned it is shapefile, but I assume you added the data into ExB as a Web Map, and prior to that it should have been published as a feature layer or other acceptable data format? If so, then there should not be any different from using a feature layer directly.

0 Kudos