Select to view content in your preferred language

Drop-down widget

Jump to solution
10-19-2023 12:36 PM
Labels (1)
rogue_recon
Emerging Contributor

Are the drop-down widgets in the images below stock in Experience Builder, or are these custom? Here is a link to the experience to see it yourself. 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/52ffb83c47844ef5ba14e7a0f063fcc7/page/All-Surveys/

I have a project where I would like to do something similar and show data by the year, week, and mgmt area/city, and I have been at it for hours trying to figure out those drop-downs. I will create layers that can be turned on and off, but I would like to do it this way for aesthetics and ease of use. Any suggestions/answers would be much appreciated!

rogue_recon_2-1697743832893.png

rogue_recon_1-1697743793947.png

rogue_recon_0-1697743752621.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

That looks like an ArcGIS Dashboard embedded inside of an Experience Builder app. Those dropdowns are category selectors in the dashboard header. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

That looks like an ArcGIS Dashboard embedded inside of an Experience Builder app. Those dropdowns are category selectors in the dashboard header. 

- Jen
rogue_recon
Emerging Contributor
Interesting! I will take a look at doing that. Is that pretty common to embed a dashboard in EB?
0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Frequent Contributor

EB is great for this functionality.  You can embed dashboards, Instant apps, web pages and much more.  It makes it much more useful then WebApp Builder.

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Frequent Contributor

I have similar things on my dashboard which I embedded in a story map.  This looks like, as Jennifer said, they embedded a dashboard in an experience builder.  You can definitely create a dashboard with the drop-downs.

https://pbcgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/abfbca1e2637490d960909e2d22a5495

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck
Frequent Contributor

I had to go look, it's called a category selector:

AngelaSchirck_0-1697803746794.png

You can adjust the settings and what happens when a category is selected (e.g. filter, zoom, etc).

0 Kudos
AaronPDXPaul
Occasional Contributor

Is there an update to this question? Why doesn't Experience Builder have a drop down widget? Creating a Dashboard and embedding it in ExB has limitations, and creates additional content. Why can't this widget be in ExB?