Disappearing apps

02-08-2023 11:27 AM
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Update:

It happened again today. ExB prompted for credentials and I knew from my experience that my apps will vanish and it did. No response from ExB team. 

Original Post:

It happened to me twice so far in version 1.9 and 1.10 of ExB.

After few weeks of working and creating apps, I am prompted by ESRI to verify my account again by entering the portal address and then the id of a ExB project posted on the portal. After the authentication completes, all the apps from the ExB screen disappear.  However, the apps are still listed under the server/public/apps. I can see the apps, if I enter the url as "https://localhost:3001/builder/?id=x" where x is the project id. 

I contacted ESRI tech support (#03250331) and after quite few interactions, we found out that the version 1.8 does not exhibit the same issue.  So, I was advised to downgrade to version 1.8 until the issue is resolved. I was advised to post my case here, so I bring it to the attention of the ExB team.  Thank you.

@Jianxia @TonghuiMing @Grant-S-Carroll @ShengdiZhang @AlixVezina @Richard_Purkis 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Just to clarify, I'm not part of the ExB team. I work for Eagle Technology, the Esri distributor in New Zealand. I'm just building a lot of large custom solutions on ExB. 

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

Thank you. Sorry for the bother.

0 Kudos
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

No bother at all! Just want to avoid confusion. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Junshan_Liu
Occasional Contributor

Hi, do you change the portal that the ExB connects to? The ExB developer edition displays the apps belong to the connected portal only. You can check the portalUrl property in the app info like this: public/apps/:appId/info.json, check whether it's the same with the portal you connect to.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

Thank you. The portal they are connected to it never changed. It would make sense why it prompts me to verify my connection to portal. There is something else that triggers it. Since it is the same portal, who the apps do disappear from the ExB UI?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@LefterisKoumis , Sorry for the delay. We need your help to troubleshoot the issue. Could you install an instance of ExB dev edition 1.10 in the same environment, than add a custom widget sample from SDK sample code and see what happens. If there are no any problems, could you add your custom widgets one at a time until the problem occurs? If so, could you share that specific custom widget with us through email (jsong@esri.com), if possible, so we can take a close look?

0 Kudos