ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition - Publishing

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 11:04 AM
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

I am looking for more information on the ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition in regards to the "Publish" option. 

Is the "Publish" feature of the ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition suitable for production environments? Or is it recommended that we download the experience and host it on something like a IIS server? 

We looking for the recommended workflows associated with developing experiences with custom widgets. Any Information will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

I would add that you don't want to over-think this, Ryan.  I would not use Publish with the Developer Edition to make the Experience accessible to your users.  The Developer Edition is a local version of the AGOL Edition and thus has the same features - including Publish.  I suppose you might use the Published version of the Experience to allow internal users to review and test the application.  I wouldn't recommend that though because it would be easy to mess that up if you continued do other work on the application.  I would just download the test version and make it available through IIS under a different name than the production version.  The bottom line is, I prefer to think of Published Experiences with the Developer Edition as part of my development environment.  Note, you do need to Publish before downloading to see the most recent changes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@RYANCARL Here is the help link for deployment of your experience.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/

0 Kudos
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP Could you possibly tell me what the publish feature of the ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition is used for? From the link that you provided, it seems that it tells you to deploy to a web server. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@RYANCARL That is a term in experience builder that is similar to "build" or "compile" in many development environments. It is just finalizing your changes to your experience. You many not see your changes you made to an experience until it is published.

Anna_Gold
New Contributor II

Maybe you know the path of this published experience?
I found widgets path to publish them on our enterprise, but having trouble finding Experience path.
Our system and cyber don`t allow to download files even from localhost.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

I would add that you don't want to over-think this, Ryan.  I would not use Publish with the Developer Edition to make the Experience accessible to your users.  The Developer Edition is a local version of the AGOL Edition and thus has the same features - including Publish.  I suppose you might use the Published version of the Experience to allow internal users to review and test the application.  I wouldn't recommend that though because it would be easy to mess that up if you continued do other work on the application.  I would just download the test version and make it available through IIS under a different name than the production version.  The bottom line is, I prefer to think of Published Experiences with the Developer Edition as part of my development environment.  Note, you do need to Publish before downloading to see the most recent changes.

0 Kudos