Survey widget- Use Current Location on Map to pre-populate Survey location.

05-13-2021 01:39 PM
Labels (1)
CameronBlandy
Occasional Contributor

Was hoping to have the following scenario work (or propose new idea) for integration between the map and survey in Experience Builder.

While it is great that you can "send" geometries from a Feature Layer in the Map to a Survey I would like to be able to send the current location (using Find my location button) to the survey as well. I would like to be able to hide the geopoint in the survey and auto populate it with the current location depicted by the blue dot on the map. 

Is this possible? If not I think this will be a great enhancement.

2 Comments
KellyArmstrong

Why not just use Collector to move the current point, then click on a link you create to open the survey and then capture that data?

City_of_LakelandGIS

I am doing a similar thing with utilities that may not have been recorded in GIS. If someone picks on a feature point the data from the feature is fed into the survey feature using EB by using the survey layer as the source layer in the Survey widget. The survey has to have a map in it. In this way the Shape(Point) of the feature can be mapped to the Map Location and fill in Lat, Long attributes of the survey using a calculation in the survey of "Extract Longitude from Map Location" and the same for Lat.