Implement the ability to create default values on cards

03-24-2021 05:03 PM
TrinaWelsh
New Contributor II

We have created a great experience builder page that has a map widget, list widget and card widget with images all dynamically connected to data. Unfortunately our initial page load shows a statewide view of our data with no current selection (default state).  Currently all dynamic attributes are shown on the web site as {attributename} until the user selects an item on the map or from the list.

It would be fantastic to have the dynamically populated cards, images etc have a default state that was configurable. So instead of curly braces or no image, we get a default view before the user selects or interacts with the map.

2 Comments
ShengdiZhang

Hi Trina,

You can set a default view by check the option View for empty selection on the feature layer settings of the Data panel.

ShengdiZhang_0-1616999283640.png

Please see details at https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/build-apps/select-data.htm#LI_4B52CC64D110465C91A6F404B...

Regards,

Shengdi

AlderMaps

Exact same scenario I have and this is exactly the answer I was looking for. Found what I need in 2 minutes thanks to Esri Community. 😍