Experience Builder Table Widget - CSV File Export Should Correspond with Column Display Setting

11-29-2022 12:11 PM
Labels (2)
Leewalker
New Contributor II

Hello,

Experience Builder has a "Table" widget, which provides a tabular view of the data source. My idea involves these two existing functions of the Table widget:

1. Column Display Setting - User has checkboxes to choose which columns to display in the table.
  2. CSV Export - User can export/save the table locally as a CSV file, or other format.

My idea: Please make those two functions work together.

In other words, we want the exported CSV file to ONLY include the attributes that the user selected to display. For example, if I uncheck the OBJECTID box in the column display setting, and then I export that table to CSV, then OBJECTID should not be included in the CSV file.

Presently, the CSV export includes all of the attributes, regardless of the column display setting. Our users are expressing some frustration about this.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Thanks!

2 Comments
AngelaSchirck

YES!  Very frustrating that ALL the attributes export regardless of what is displayed.  I would like to export a mailing list for parcels but I don't want to have all that other parcel information so the user has to search for the actual mailing address.  Your original post was nearly a year ago, and no change has been made.

ILoveMap

Agreed, this functionality is needed for large datasets. On a related note, a setting on the table widget to exclude all empty fields would be a great QOL feature.