Developer Edition: Set App ClientId Attribute in EB

02-07-2022 12:56 PM
Labels (1)
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Using the Developer Edition here. On a nearly weekly basis, I am publishing an update to an Experience, and some of these are not shared publicly, so I need to used a registered app's ClientId in the config.json file.

It's not a huge inconvenience, but it does bother me that I have to update that in the JSON every time I publish an update to my apps. Certain other attributes come through every time, like the title, the portalUrl, etc., but not the clientId.

I would love it if there were a place in the EB interface to set the registered app info for a single Experience so that my downloaded files have that section already filled in. Less room for human error that way, which is always a good thing.

2 Comments
Grant-S-Carroll

Are you using a build pipeline for your App? If you are have a look at the link here. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/experience-builder-devops-generating-th... at the bottom of the initial post is an edit from Gavin showing that at 1.7 you can include a client id as part of the node command. Even if you're not using a build pipeline, then this might still be useful for you?

jcarlson

@Grant-S-Carroll  this is very useful. Thanks so much!