Configure Feature Info Widget to display attributes from multiple layers

03-13-2023 11:37 AM
Labels (3)
TomDuncanGIS
New Contributor III

I find using the Feature info widget while wrapped inside the Sidebar to be superior to the traditional pop-up on top of the map as a method to display feature attributes. However one of the big limitations in the Experience Builder version I have found is it can only display attributes from one feature. This then forces configuration of a separate feature info widget to display attributes for each layer, which will be very confusing for the user. The Sidebar Instant App has a very elegant implementation that drills down through all layers that have pop-ups enabled in the web map, and displays a header for each layer in the sidebar view. Please enable the Feature Info Widget to display attributes from multiple layers, similar to function in the Sidebar Instant App.

3 Comments
GISUser74305830

Yes it would be great to have a single Feature Info widget that could dynamically change based on the layer feature you click, rather than the current method of setting up 3 Feature Info widgets for 3 different layer popups.

CMV_Erik

This is a great idea. Supporting a single layer limits the apps it will be used in. I would love to redesign some generalized apps and have the "popup" info discretely on the side. But if any other layer needs a popup, then the FeatureInfo layer will also have a redundant popup, which can be confusing for the user. 

Esri representatives, please note there are already many Kudos for this Question on the same topic: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/experience-builder-feature-info-fo...

Treavon

I came to post the exact same idea. This would be a great addition. This could functionally replace the in map pop-ups. This would make keyboard only navigation easier if the ExB App is configured properly.

Easier keyboard navigation allows for increased user accessibility which is a priority for my organization.