Allow "Split by field" option in Experience Builder chart widget

05-27-2022 11:33 AM
Labels (1)
Refugio_Mariscal
New Contributor II

Like in Dashboards, one should be able to split categories in a chart by another field, such as by date. In general, there should be more consistency and uniformity regarding the capabilities of AGOL tools. 

6 Comments
rachelm

1,000% agree!

MicheleH1_DNReply

Although the help for the chart widget in experience builder seems to show you can do it.... Is it possible or not?
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/chart-widget.htm

MicheleHosking1_0-1669938581451.png

Also - can we have the Y axis have a value above the largest values shown on the chart (as in Dashboards - see below).  It just looks ugly otherwise and makes it hard to estimate the value of the highest bar....

MicheleHosking1_1-1669939016740.png

ArvadaColorado

Also curious about this. I really wish they could just have a consistent setup and functionality across the various options. 

A "line chart" in the Esri context could mean, a Web Map Viewer Chart (not the old one), a Web App Builder chart, an Instant App chart, a Classic Dashboard chart, an Operations Dashboard chart, an Experience Builder chart, etc.

All of them have little nuances and differences that make it rather frustrating to support for my team. 

rachelm

It is not possible in Experience to "split by" on a categorical field. Whereas in the Map Viewer this is very easy to do.  Why can I not access my charts created from a map in an experience?  In order to style the charts properly and make use of a filter within an Experience, I need to embed a Dashboard, which is frankly ridiculous. 

The Charts Instant App is great but does not accept filters, and is therefore barely useful. 

AbdelrhmanAbdallah

In the new Experience Builder Developer edition (V 1.14), the functionality to split by was added. Hope this helps.

AbdelrhmanAbdallah_0-1712043793023.png

maya_fromstein

maya_fromstein_0-1713225992828.png

Thanks for the update @AbdelrhmanAbdallah ! I'm having an issue where sometimes I can see the 'split by' functionality, and sometimes I can't (eg., pasted image). I haven't figured out the pattern of when it's available and when it isn't. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!