Why is "Day" in Date Field Different Between Geodatabase and Map Service?

Jump to solution
05-20-2019 08:51 AM
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

I recently discovered a quirck/bug/strange behavior regarding a Date field in relationship to geodatabases and ArcGIS Server map services (ArcSoc.exe).

The quirck is that the day in the map service is one day earlier than the day in the geodatabase.  For example, the Date field in the geodatabase will be 12/5/2014.  But in the map service, the Date field will be 12/4/2014.

I've noticed this behavior in at least two map services.  I'd like to know why this is occuring, and if I can fix the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

if your layer in the map service is not already time-aware, I'd recommend you to try setting default time zone (hoping that will fix your problem). You can do that in the Manager site.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Patrick,

That is odd. Are you seeing this from a client like Pro? What is the field type for this date field (is it an actual date field)? 

Screen shots of what you see / the differences may help here. Does this happen for all services that are referenced from this same geodatabase and have this same field? What about hosted services or services from another geodatabase?

Lastly, what happens if you start and stop the services themselves or even restart the ArcGIS Server service, does this get things back in sync?

Jonathan

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

if your layer in the map service is not already time-aware, I'd recommend you to try setting default time zone (hoping that will fix your problem). You can do that in the Manager site.