Why can't I see my published services in the services directory?

06-10-2016 10:45 AM
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

I can't see my map services in the REST services directory (e.g. https://gisServer/arcgis/rest/services), although they appeared to successfully publish from Desktop and I can view them from their service end point.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Are they publicly available? If they're secured (or in a secured folder) you need to log in to see them. Just a guess...

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And to ad to Tobias' comment, even if the service isn't secure, if the folder (or root directory) it is in within ArcGIS is secure, you would have to log in to see the folder too.

and just in case.....the service of course needs to be running.  REST directory sill not show stopped services, but AGS Manager and viewing thru Catalog will, since you can start/stop/etc in either of those.

0 Kudos
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

The services are in a public directory. Here's an example https://terra.library.brocku.ca/arcgis/rest/services/EarlyNiagara/NiagaraRiver1897NMC113392/ImageSer...

When I connect to terra in Catalog as a public user I can see all of the services and open them in ArcMap but when I login as publisher OR adminstrator I cannot see the services.

0 Kudos
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

Well it took a whole team of ESRI techies to figure this one out but we finally have ArcServer running properly. Thanks for your ideas.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sharon Janzen​  Is there any summary that you can give re: the solution?  That was a strange issue, but it would be good to know in case any of us run across it.

0 Kudos
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

My IT guy worked the solution. This was his summary "I ran the configure ArcGIS server account as an admin and reconfigured it again with the default options.". Somehow I think there might be more to it but for now it is working and I can see my services.