AlistairF
New Contributor

Hi All

Someone decided to reboot our ArcGis server and it now doesn't seem to work

System:

Windows 2008 R2 (latest updates)

ArcGis Server 10.1 (Licensed)

IIS 7.5

When i go to the ArcGis manager the page is blank, when i try to hit the REST services nothing happens.

The only service i have running when checking services.msc is the "ArcGisServer.exe" i don't see anything else.

Please could someone confirm what Services need to be running and how i should go about getting them started again? (i don't mind if i have to manually start them)

Many thanks

Alistair

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

If you check the Windows services console, is the ArcGIS Server service started? In addition to ArcGISServer.exe, you should see two javaw.exe processes in task manager along with a number of ArcSOC.exe processes for your services, typically at least one for each service. 

Services.png

0 Kudos
AlistairF
New Contributor

Hi Dan

I only see ArcGIS Server which is started as per your screen print above, I dont see any javaw.exe or ArcSOC.exe processes  , is there any batch file i could run to get these started again ?

Cheers

Alistair

0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Alistair,

In task manager under processes is where you would see the ArcSOC.exe and javaw.exe processes, you may have to click on "show processes from all users." Do you see any SOC processes in task manager? When you go to the REST endpoint for your services directory, do you get some kind of an error or you just don't see your services? It could be that they're secured and you need to login to browse to them?

0 Kudos
AlistairF
New Contributor

Hi Dan

My bad, i wasn't showing all processes, I can now see Javaw.exe but still no ArcSOC.exe process. When i try to go to the manager URL i get Loading... Please wait.... and never goes off that screen also when i try and go to the RESET service all i get is a blank page. I have noticed today that i only have .NET 2.0 installed even though i am using Arch Server 10.1 SP1 (10.1.1.3143) - Standard, could this be a problem ?

Many thanks

Alistair

0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Alistair,

There should be at least a few ArcSOC.exe processes running for the System and Utilities tools, for instance the PublishingTools an CachingTools. These tools come out of the box with any deployment and should be started automatically. Are you able to make an admin connection to the server in Desktop? Try expanding the System folder to see if those services are started, if they're stopped try starting them and see what happens. If those services can't be started there's definitely something wrong and you may consider calling technical support, note the error and also check the server logs.

C:\arcgisserver\logs\YourServer\server

You can also try starting the services through the admin directory:

http://localhost:6080/arcgis/admin/login

0 Kudos