What is the use of Proxy in ArcGIS portal

Jump to solution
11-22-2017 09:24 PM
shafitrumboo1
New Contributor

I was trying to enable editing on what of the hosted feature services and found timeout now I wonder what is the use of proxy and why this url is not working. 

https://xxxxx.yyy.org/arcgis/sharing/proxy?https://xxxxx.yyy.org/server/rest/admin/services/Hosted/d... 

In portal admin there is nothing configured for Proxy.

pheede-esristaffdlaw-esristaff

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shafi,

> Having said that my question was about proxy. How it comes into picture and what is its use.

In your original post, you gave the impression you were encountering an issue.

As for your question about proxy, please see

Use a reverse proxy server with Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Shafi,

It would be helpful if you could provide some more background info/context on your issue. For example,

- What software release are you using?

- What kind of deployment/set-up do you have? Security model?

- What were you doing to "enable editing" when the timeout occurred? What happened exactly?

Providing screenshots would also help.

Also: this thread is currently marked as "assumed answered" ... is this the case? If so, perhaps you could post the resolution.

shafitrumboo1
New Contributor

What software release are you using?

Enterprise ArcGIS 10.5 with ArcGIS server federated with ArcGIS Portal

- What kind of deployment/set-up do you have? Security model?

We have two ArcGIS server and two portal machines available trough two Web adapter machines. and these two web adapators are also HA using hardware load balancer. Son in every webadpater machine we have two instances one for portal and another for arcgis server.

We use ADFS for security

- What were you doing to "enable editing" when the timeout occurred? What happened exactly?

I think some firewall rules were blocking my requests.

Having said that my question was about proxy. How it comes into picture and what is its use. I saw your videos where you explained about proxy.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Shafi,

> Having said that my question was about proxy. How it comes into picture and what is its use.

In your original post, you gave the impression you were encountering an issue.

As for your question about proxy, please see

Use a reverse proxy server with Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos