What is "Publisher Folder Path"?

12-17-2015 09:10 AM
KyleValkenburg
New Contributor

I am trying to register a folder to ArcGIS Server, but don't know what to enter in the required fields in Server Manager.  For instance, I don't know what a Publisher Folder Path IS, let alone how to figure out what the path to it actually is.  Can anyone tell me specifically how to figure out WHAT this path is, so I can then enter it in the form?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a preceeding thread related to this topic Working model does not work as Geoprocessing Service

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sample of how I have registered my "data" folder that is located on my d drive.

Name: what I want to call the connection

Publisher folder: actual folder path

Publisher Folder Hostname: server name I am on.  Data is on same machine as AGS.

Hope that helps.

edit:  help doc  Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Manager—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Ser...

KyleValkenburg
New Contributor

My data is not on the same machine as my server (which I am accessing remotely through a connection in Catalog).

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

To prevent if from copying over to the server, you will want you service connections to match how you refer to it in your mxd/catalog.

0 Kudos
KyleValkenburg
New Contributor

When I enter that path, copied straight out of Catalog, I still get an error that it's an invalid path

0 Kudos
KyleValkenburg
New Contributor

What is the publisher folder hostname if the data is local on my drive, and not on the server machine?

0 Kudos
KyleValkenburg
New Contributor

Ok, never mind everyone.  I'm done.  Thanks for the attempted help. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

ok.  Don't forget to mark any answer that were helpful (if any) and then you can mark it as "assumed answered" so the thread can be closed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

skip the server stuff and post your tools and models here Search ArcScripts (BETA) may it is 'old school' but it is 'works school'

0 Kudos