What are the pros and cons of 1 or multiple .json configs for PowershellDSC

Jump to solution
06-17-2021 12:26 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says I can create an all in one multi machine Enterprise deployment .json to configure my install and if I do that the federation will take care of itself.  Are there advantages to creating a seperate .json for each component?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

What are you looking to accomplish with multiple JSON files?  You are not limited to a single machine when using the PowerShell DSC, and can setup a distributed and/or highly available Enterprise deployment.  You can also run the DSC with multiple modes, one being where it just installs the software and let you configure Enterprise (license, federate, etc) yourself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

What are you looking to accomplish with multiple JSON files?  You are not limited to a single machine when using the PowerShell DSC, and can setup a distributed and/or highly available Enterprise deployment.  You can also run the DSC with multiple modes, one being where it just installs the software and let you configure Enterprise (license, federate, etc) yourself.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok makes sense.  I formerly used chef and it was easier to troubleshoot with individual json files.  This may be better all together.

0 Kudos