Weirdness going on with Enterprise and Public Facing Portal

Jump to solution
06-20-2019 02:36 PM
BobFolsom1
New Contributor II

So I recently started migrating from a server fed ArcGIS Online set up to trying to do everthing through the  internal portal and am seeing some weirdness.

I am using Enterprise/Portal 10.7 installed with a Single machine deployment that was originally installed at version 10.6 and with the enterprise builder install package.  

I am unable to create hosted feature layers from outside my organizations fire wall, I get the error:

Unable to load

https://blablabla/server/rest/admin/services/Hosted/TestIt/FeatureServer/addToDefinition status:404

I also am having issues, I am assuming same reason, where in order for a feature layer to be accessed outside of the firewall the Map Image Layer for the service in portal has to be shared to the world while the feature layer service can maintain sharing to just to the individual group/portal.

Has anyone else seen this weirdness?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobFolsom1
New Contributor II

So I finally figured it out took me a while and it was a noobie mistake on my side using portal.  I assumed incorrectly that portal was handling all traffic to the server once you federate the two so I only had IT open the Portal web adaptor URL to the outside I did not make the Server side web adaptor available outside of the firewall through my reverse proxy that is why things were behaving differently between the two.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

Bob,

Do you have any domains set in the ArcGIS Server AllowedOrigins Property or is it set to the default asterisk?

0 Kudos
BobFolsom1
New Contributor II

It is the default asterisk.

0 Kudos
BobFolsom1
New Contributor II

So I finally figured it out took me a while and it was a noobie mistake on my side using portal.  I assumed incorrectly that portal was handling all traffic to the server once you federate the two so I only had IT open the Portal web adaptor URL to the outside I did not make the Server side web adaptor available outside of the firewall through my reverse proxy that is why things were behaving differently between the two.

Bob

0 Kudos