WebGISDR - Cannot find the portal properties from the server

Jump to solution
08-09-2021 11:34 PM
Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

Hello everyone.

I'm struggeling with the WebGISDR tool as you guessed.
I have found the way to configure it, and want to backup everything before I do a update from 10.6.1 to 10.8.1

But the following error prevents from making a full backup of the site.
2021-08-10 08:00:10 ERROR [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.client.WebGISDR - Cannot find the portal properties from the server https://<UNCServername>:6443/arcgis.

When going to this link, I get the attached screen and nothing happens?

20210810 DVP portal error.PNG

Strange because I set the parameter to the following:
PORTAL_ADMIN_URL = https://<UNCServername>:7443/arcgis which is the Portal server.

Yes everything is installed on one server, So Portal, AGS and Datastore and I'm making a local backup. Which shows temporarily in the backup path, but vanish when this error apears.

Any thoughts on this?
With Kind Regards,
Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

At the end, the configuration between our VIPS and the way the URL was returned to the server was our problem.
By entering the local IP address and the VIP for that particular server in the HOST file, we could validate the federation.
And running the WebGIS DR util we now have a successful backup of our Portal environment.

Paul_van_Helden_0-1629208989209.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor
Hi Paul is you federation validating ? it looks like portal cannot get the right configuration from ArcGIS server.
Kind Regards
Henry
0 Kudos
Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

Morning Henry,
I have to check, what is the correct way to validate the federation?

wkr, Paul

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@Paul_van_Helden 

1.  Open a web browser and log into Portal

2.  Go to Organization > Settings > Servers tab

This will perform a validation of your federated ArcGIS Server(s):

JakeSkinner_0-1628593781754.png

Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

That is definitely not OK, so going to try to fix this.
Thank you for pointing in the right direction!

Paul_van_Helden_0-1628661205851.png

0 Kudos
josuedi
New Contributor III

Hello @Paul_van_Helden!

1. Do you have the same version of ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS?

2. Do you configured ArcGIS Data Store with ArcGIS Server?

Best Regard,

0 Kudos
Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

1 yes
2 yes

All are version 10.6.1 and running on one server.
But ESRI support NL is going to have a look into it this afternoon so we can determine what's going on!

josuedi
New Contributor III

I understand. I can only tell you the following about this:

Federation can be tricky, and an incorrect entered URL can keep servers from property communicating. To view federated ArcGIS Server information in Portal Admin, go to Federation | <serverID>. You will see something like the following screenshot.

20210816_210610.jpg

The two parameters of interest here are url and Admin Url should be the FQDN URL to/arcgis and Admin Url should be internal machine name over port 6443 to /arcgis. Ensure that these are correct; if they are not, you will need to unfederate (via the Unfederate Support Operation) and federated again. Note that re-federating will require changing ownership back to the publisher account, as re-federated services will be owned by the administrator that performed the federation.

You can also review the Portal logs.

I hope to help you with this post.

Ref.: Mastering ArcGIS Enterprise Administration (Chad Cooper)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paul_van_Helden
New Contributor II

At the end, the configuration between our VIPS and the way the URL was returned to the server was our problem.
By entering the local IP address and the VIP for that particular server in the HOST file, we could validate the federation.
And running the WebGIS DR util we now have a successful backup of our Portal environment.

Paul_van_Helden_0-1629208989209.png