WebAdaptor Error profile for the user is temporary profile

4135
5
05-05-2015 10:30 PM
ManeshSharma
New Contributor II

Hi all

When Configuring the Webadaptor for Arcgis Server it is giving an error Profile for the user is temporary Profile.

https://localhost/agserver/webadaptor/server

thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
tvchambers
New Contributor II

It seems you're not alone. This discussion started two years ago, and has yet to be marked Resolved.

Web Adapter Installation Error/Problem

I would suspect the OS and or the web browser might be in need of an update, patch, or newer version. A shot in the dark; not knowing all of your particulars, but if your WebAdaptor box is running a server OS; sometimes people forget to upgrade the server's web browser.

Best of luck

0 Kudos
KennethOGuinn
New Contributor III

Hi esri inc,

I've seen this error a few times, and it almost always seems to be something to do with the Application Pool/ .NET framework settings in IIS.

I'd try the following two things:

In IIS Check your application Pool Settings for the "ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool" and bring up its advanced properties. Click the Identity field, and change it to use something different than the "ApplicationPoolIdentity." I normally start by changing it to network service, and if that doesn't work, I switch it to Custom account, and provide it with my domain account as a test. (There are security implications for changing this, especially if it's public facing, so I'd probably check with the local IT folks to make sure they're OK with the changes.)

The second thing I'd check would be to change your .NET Framework, and if it's set to 4.0 change it to 2.0.

Lastly, while not a solution, one way to check to see if it's an IIS settings issue is to download the Windows version of  Tomcat, http://tomcat.apache.org/  and install the Java Web Adaptor onto Tomcat. (To do this you'll have to stop IIS for the duration of this test/workaround.

Hope this helps!

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kenneth and fyi for others.... I only needed to do your first suggestion to get it past this error. Thanks

In IIS Check your application Pool Settings for the "ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool" and bring up its advanced properties. Click the Identity field, and change it to use something different than the "ApplicationPoolIdentity." I normally start by changing it to network service,

Upgrading from 10.3 to 10.3.1 ... Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with IIS 6.1  (test/EDN machine, not production)

KennethOGuinn
New Contributor III

Hi Rebecca,

Glad that did the trick!

Also, I don't know if you recall as it was a long time ago, but we worked together on a few technical issues at the Esri UC two years ago.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Kenneth....it does sound familiar, but I'm finding years/questions/technical issues, and everything else are starting to mush together.  I find myself searching geonet for stuff that I know I've done in the past....jst to find my own posts sometimes. The forums have a better memory than me sometimes. 

0 Kudos