Web Adaptor 10.2 Install

Jump to solution
08-02-2013 12:02 PM
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
Since there is no forum for Server 10.2 yet, I'll post this here:

I've installed the Web Adaptor 10.2 for IIS on my web server and now I want to install it again for a second access point, as the installation instructions say I can (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-iis/10.2/index.html#/In...).  However, when I try to install it a second time, it just brings up the dialog asking me whether I want to modify, repair or uninstall the software.  It won't let me install it a second time.  Web server is running on Windows 2012 R2 Preview.  A bug or is this just Windows causing problems?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
Thanks, Harley for the info.

The silent install did not work, so I ended up following your manual install procedure, which did work.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
At what stage of Setup do yo get this? I've installed multiple adaptors on 10.2 with no problems, of course the second one has to  have a unique name, like arcgis2
0 Kudos
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
When you start the installation, the initial welcoming screen comes up briefly and then it goes to the Program Maintenance screen (see attached image).  It never gets to the place in the wizard where it asks for the name of the web adaptor installation.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
That's unusual. I think what I would do is uninstall web adaptor. Make sure the arcgis folder is deleted (or whatever name you gave web adaptor), install 10.2 web adaptor, then install the 2nd web adaptor. Was this an upgrade from 10.1?  I've seen unusual issues with upgrades as opposed to clean installs of 10.2
0 Kudos
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
The ArcGIS Server was an upgrade from 10.1, but the Web Adaptor 10.2 was a fresh install.  Since this is just a test-bed server, I think I'll blow everything off it and start from scratch and see if that clears it up.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
I think that's a good idea. What should happen on install of a second web adaptor is a normal setup dialog box.
0 Kudos
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
No luck on the clean install.  It still goes to the maintenance screen on the second attempted install of the Web Adaptor.
0 Kudos
harleypowers_parks
New Contributor III
Since there is no forum for Server 10.2 yet, I'll post this here:

I've installed the Web Adaptor 10.2 for IIS on my web server and now I want to install it again for a second access point, as the installation instructions say I can (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-iis/10.2/index.html#/In...).  However, when I try to install it a second time, it just brings up the dialog asking me whether I want to modify, repair or uninstall the software.  It won't let me install it a second time.  Web server is running on Windows 2012 R2 Preview.  A bug or is this just Windows causing problems?

this is a pretty common issue, and plenty of forum threads on this too.

you will need to follow the instructions for the silent install... the command line looks like this:
<path to setup files>\setup.exe /qb WEBSITE_ID=101 VDIRNAME=agsweb PORT=80

your website id needs to be found in IIS manager. the virtual directory must be unique, and specify the port your website is on.

if your files are not copied over, you can always copy your existing web adaptor, convert to application in IIS, specify the web app pool, set folder and file permissions.
specifically, set permissions on the WebAdaptor.config file like so:
icacls "C:\inetpub\GisMap\public\WebAdaptor.config" /grant "IIS AppPool\ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool":F

you will then need to register the app with your arcgis server through your browser: <wa url app path>/WebAdaptor
BubbaHey
Great idea, Harley.
0 Kudos
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
Thanks, Harley for the info.

The silent install did not work, so I ended up following your manual install procedure, which did work.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos